Monday, April 18, 2011

New Drip System



Last year, we went to Seattle to visit my son and daughter-in-law and left someone in charge of watering our garden. Bad move! Even though the sprinkler was on a timer, the mechanical part went on the fritz and some things got too much water and some didn't get enough. Not a good year for the plants.

I hate wasting water on the grass and patio and house.... it goes everywhere except the exact place that needs it. Not so this year! I was determined to do the watering thing right (or at least more right) this year.

I just finished putting in my first drip watering system from DripWorks. They have some really nice products and I figure that by being much more specific with how, when and where I water those veggies, we'll come out with some tasty treats from the garden.

Right now I'm on a 15 minute timer every other day; which, will probably be increased as we move into summer. I'm using some 6 inch spaced Soaker Dripline throughout my raised beds and 1/2 gal per hour single drip emitters coming off a 2 gal per hour multi-port for my tomatoes in their Smart Pots.

I think I'm going to really like this setup. :)


Garden is doing great with the new drip system! Tomato plants are growing and my blueberry plants are loving it. They are hanging full of fruit. This is one of the best things we've done for the garden.
3GT


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers